New York City has always been a go-to place when people think of visiting exciting cities, and with excellent reason. New York City is bustling with things to do such as eating in (but not limited to) some of the finest restaurants and even famous mom and pop street side vendors. There is always something whether it be an impressive art exhibit to Broadway shows and especially iconic buildings. There is always something to do or see in New York City, and it truly is limitless! One of the beautiful things about New York City is the age-old architecture that makes New York City so unique for its famous skyline.
These are just a few examples of people who have taken an interest in what New York City has to offer. Celebrities such as Anthony Bourdain and Anne Burrell have been spotted visiting The Empire State Building (Empire State Realty Trust, Inc.). Also, Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga paid their respects on September 11 by visiting the World Trade Center; both iconic skyscraper buildings, people will only recognize as being a staple in New York City.
With the changing of the times, buildings have become more conscious about being energy efficient while keeping the environment in mind. The five ways buildings are being retrofitted for energy efficiency are as follows:
1. HVAC, water heating, and appliances – new heat pumping technologies and fresh airflow.
2. Lighting – energy efficient light bulbs and solar powered panels installed on roofs.
3. Recycling programs offered for repurposing plastic and forms of waste.
4. Eco-structures and urban gardens have been implemented to encourage energy efficiency and awareness of protecting the environment.
5. High-efficiency cooling towers to use water from the Hudson River to cool and water greenery in the surrounding area.
It’s quite easy to notice and see how visiting New York City is more than just a visit; it’s a whole new learning experience. New York City allows you to be enveloped in and experience some of the most up to date advances in technology and in everyday life. Be sure to stop by any information center for more information on the benefits and other interesting sights and buildings to see in New York City.